EXPECTATION OF LAX PLUS PLAYERS and PARENTS
- Players will try their best to attend all practices, and show up to all scheduled events on time.
- Players will always make sure to be prepared, with a stick, mouth guard, goggles, and water for all lacrosse activities. Please NO jewelry.
- Players will come to all Lax+ activities with the willingness to learn, the desire to better their skills, and the attitude of a Winner (see below).
- Players and Parents will always exhibit the highest standards of sportsmanship at all times. They will never be involved with the taunting of officials, coaches, or players.
- Players and Parents agree to trust the coaches in their decisions. Any issues that may arise should be brought directly to the attention of Kristen or Melissa the day following the practice or tournament.
- Players and Parents understand that Lax+ reserves the right to switch players from one team to another at ANY TIME. We try to keep our teams and coaches as consistent as possible in a given season. However, just as players benefit from consistency, players also benefit from flexibility, and learning how to adjust to different playing and coaching situations.
- Parents agree to act as spectators during practices and games. We appreciate parent support, but we ask that during games parents watch from the opposite sideline and do not talk to their daughters until the game has ended and they are done meeting with their team.
We ask that all Lax Plus Players - “THINK LIKE A WINNER”
What are the traits that make one person a winner and another a loser? The big difference is in how a person thinks…what the mind believes, the body achieves…
- ...is always ready to tackle something new…a loser is prone to believe it can’t be done.
- ...isn’t afraid of competition…a loser excuses herself with the idea that the competition beat her out.
- ...knows she’s sometimes wrong and is willing to admit her mistakes…a loser can usually find someone else to blame.
- ...is challenged by a new problem…a loser doesn’t want to face it.
- ...is decisive…a loser frustrates herself with indecision.
- ...realizes there is no time like the present to get the job done…a loser is prone to procrastinate with the hope that things will be better tomorrow.
- ...thinks positively…acts positively…and lives positively…a loser usually has a negative attitude and a negative approach to everything.
So, if you want to be a winner…act like a winner…and sooner than you think, you will be a winner!
We are here to make this the best experience possible for everyone, and we want to maintain our programs reputation now and in the future . Please help us in doing so. If we work together, the possibilities are endless!